- Check your roof: March is a good time to inspect your roof for any damage caused by winter weather. Look for missing or damaged shingles, as well as any signs of leaks.
- Clean gutters: Clear out any debris that has accumulated in your gutters over the winter months. This will ensure that water can flow freely away from your home.
- Inspect windows and doors: Check for any cracks or gaps in the caulking around windows and doors. This will help prevent drafts and improve energy efficiency.
- Service your air conditioning unit: If you have a central air conditioning system, it’s a good idea to have it serviced before the hot weather arrives. This will ensure that it’s running efficiently and reduce the risk of breakdowns.
- Check smoke detectors and carbon monoxide detectors: Test your smoke detectors and carbon monoxide detectors to ensure that they’re working properly. Replace any batteries that are low.
- Clean your dryer vent: Lint buildup in your dryer vent can be a fire hazard. Clean it out to improve efficiency and reduce the risk of fire.
- Check plumbing for leaks: Look for any leaks in your plumbing system, including under sinks and around toilets. Fix any leaks promptly to prevent water damage.
- Inspect your deck or patio: Check for any damage to your deck or patio caused by winter weather. Repair or replace any damaged boards, and clean and stain or seal the wood if necessary.
- Check your lawn and garden tools: Get your lawn and garden tools ready for spring by cleaning them and sharpening blades if necessary.
- Prepare for spring cleaning: Make a plan for your spring cleaning tasks, and take inventory of any cleaning supplies you’ll need to stock up on.
10 Tips to a sparkling home this March
March 1, 2023
Condos, Homes, Real Estate, Sell a house in Vancouver, Selling a home, Vancouver Real Estate